Need additional confirmation that your email has been opened? Tap the Request read receipt option from the Compose Actions Menu.
- Tap the Pencil in the upper right corner to write a new email.
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- Tap the down arrow to the right to display the CC & BCC fields, as needed.
- Enter a Subject in the subject field.
- Compose your email.
- Before tapping the Send icon , tap the Compose Options menu at the top right corner of the Action Bar.
- Choose Request read receipt from the menu.
- When finished, tap the Send icon to send your email.
Note: You will see a quick notification at the bottom of the message that ‘Request read receipt enabled.’
Remove read receipt
To remove a read receipt from a message before sending it, tap Compose Options menu at the top right corner of the Action Bar, and then select Remove delivery receipt from the menu. You will see a quick notification at the bottom of the message that ‘Delivery receipt removed.’
- Once your email has been opened by the recipient, you will receive an email notification with the date and time that the action took place.
- By using the Read Receipt feature, you can confirm that your email has been received and read by the recipient. It's a handy feature to use when you need to know that your email has been seen and read.