Want to make sure your email has been delivered successfully? You can use the Delivery Receipt feature to receive confirmation. Follow these simple steps:
- Tap the Pencil in the upper right corner to write a new email.
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- Tap the down arrow to the right to display the CC & BCC fields, as needed.
- Enter a Subject in the subject field.
- Compose your email.
- Before tapping the Send icon , tap the Compose Actions menu at the top right corner of the Action Bar.
- Choose Request delivery receipt from the menu.
- When finished, tap the Send icon to send your email.
Note: You will see a quick notification at the bottom of the message that ‘Request delivery receipt’ enabled.
Remove delivery receipt
To remove a read receipt from a message before sending it, tap Compose Options menu at the top right corner of the Action Bar, and then select Remove delivery receipt from the menu. You will see a quick notification at the bottom of the message that ‘Delivery receipt removed.’
- Use this feature sparingly, as not all email providers support it, and it can be seen as intrusive by some recipients.
- If you are sending a critical or time-sensitive message, it may be worth enabling this feature to ensure delivery.
- Remember that a Delivery Receipt only confirms that the email has been delivered to the recipient's email server, not necessarily that it has been read or actioned.
- If you receive a Delivery Receipt but the recipient claims they did not receive your email, it's possible that the message was caught in their spam or junk folder.