Follow these step-by-step instructions to enable 2FA through the Webmail interface of your email service:
- Open your web browser and log in to your email account.
- Once logged in, navigate to the 'Settings' section of your email service.
Within the 'Settings', locate and select the 'Security' option:
In the 'Security' section, you'll find 'Two-Factor Authentication'. Click on the 'Set up two-factor authentication' button, enter your account password and start the process.
You'll be prompted to scan a QR code with your chosen authenticator app. Open your authenticator app and use it to scan the QR code displayed on the screen.
- If you're unable to scan the QR code, there will also be an option to enter a secret key manually. You can enter this key into your authenticator app.
- After scanning the QR code and entering the code from the appear entering the secret key, your authenticator app will link to your email account and start generating codes.
- Click Enable 2-Factor authentication.
You've now successfully set up 2FA for your account. The next time you log in, after entering your password, you'll be asked to enter the code displayed in your authenticator app.