Enabling spell check on mobile largely depends on the device you are using. Here are the steps for Android and iOS devices:
Android (Google Chrome):
- Open the Chrome app.
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Tap on "Settings".
- Tap on "Languages".
- Ensure that the "Spell Check" option is turned on.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on "Safari".
- Tap on "AutoFill & Passwords".
- Make sure that "Use Contact Info", "Credit Cards", and "Other Forms" are all turned off to ensure that Safari does not autofill information instead of performing a spell check.
- Go back to Settings and tap on "General".
- Tap on "Keyboards".
- Make sure "Check Spelling" is turned on.
- Spell check on mobile devices typically occurs within the keyboard settings and not within the browser itself. If the spell checker is not functioning as expected, ensure that the keyboard settings are correct, and that the device's operating system is up-to-date.
- Various keyboards (like Google's GBoard or Apple's default keyboard) have their own spell check capabilities that can be configured within the keyboard's settings. You may need to refer to the specific instructions for the keyboard you are using.