We know that we are pretty busy and that line to get to an agent is pretty long. We are sorry for the delay and we are working as hard as we can to get to everyone. To have a great Chat Experience it's important to remember a few things beforehand:
- If you close the browser window the conversation can time out. We recommend using another tab to browse the help center or for login attempts.
- If you minimize the chat with an agent the conversation can time out.
- If you remain idle on the site the conversation can time out.
- If you end the chat by clicking the three dots of options it will then end the chat.
- Important: If you click the reconnect button in the chat window, you will not lose your position in the queue.
While you wait in the queue, Remember to have at least 2 of the following items for verification purposes:
- Zip Code
- CenturyLink Account Number
- Phone Number that is registered to your account.
If you are reaching out about not being able to log in and you already have your recovery method set up we recommend changing your password and attempting to log in again.
When resetting your password we recommend using a strong password to prevent unwanted entities from having access to your account. While there is no such thing as a completely hack-proof password. With the advancement of super-computers and hacking techniques, no password is totally safe. But there are steps you can take to protect yourself against identity theft and security fraud by creating stronger, hard-to-crack passwords.
Characteristics of safe passwords include as many of the following as possible:
- At least 10 characters
- Upper and lowercase letters
- Numbers and special characters
- Not found in a dictionary
- Not based on personal information- i.e. birth date, phone number, address, etc.
You can learn more about strong passwords here: https://centurylinkwebmail.s.center/hc/en-us/articles/11759293798163-Process-for-creating-a-strong-password